Friday, June 29, 2012

Flowers and Stuff

Satisfying day all around.  On my daily walk, met up with first, Mary S., who's caring for Susan's cat and parrot while she's away, and chatted with her for a time; then Maureen K., and stopped to talk to her; and soon, Loretta M.--it took me almost an hour to finish, but no prob.
After breakfast, drove to the cemetery to inspect the graves.  Pat's needed weeding, and also had a big gap in front.  The New Guinea impatient I had planted at Jay's was almost dead--I think I overestimated the shade it would get--and both were dry.  Went to Produce Junction and got two, nice-sized plants--just can't remember what they're called--with pretty, variagaged pinky-red blooms.  For the porch, also picked up three vinca vines and a huge patio plant of red, white, and purple petunias.  Total cost: ten dollars even.
Back at the cemetery, I planted Pat's in the bare space; doesn't look bad, although it's assmetrical.  At Jay's, it took me a good ten minutes to get the damn Mexian heather roots out--it's a pretty plant, but never again--then I put in the new one.  Took pictures to send Betty and the kids.
Home for just a few minutes, I cleaned up a bit--was splattered with mud--then went to the library.  Had dinner,then drove down to the odd-looking estate down Route 9 and took more pictures.  Drove to Shop-Rite in Manahawkin, then home and made another tofu stir-fry for dinner.
Darn...woke up this morning to an enormous storm.  Hope it passes, so it doesn't cancel Ringing Rocks and the birthday party.
Darn!  The SpellCheck on this blog isn't working.  Can't imagine why.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...