Saturday, June 09, 2012

Chair

I was determined to try again to run the exercise tape, so walked to the clubhouse about 8:20 and put it in.  Finally, I found the right combination of three remotes (why three?!) and got it going.  Was glad I did.
After breakfast, I collected the last of the DQ stuff, packed it in the containers and put them in the garage.  Preparing for Mike's visit today, I vacuumed, cleaned the guest bath, and tidied up otherwise.  Went to Acme for lettuce, tomatoes, and other items, then came home and made a nice salad.  Ate same for lunch, along with broccoli and cauliflower. 
I still wanted a chair for the guest room, but had no intention of paying full price for one, so I drove down to Habitat.  Found nothing I liked here and the prices were fairly steep--$35 to over a C-note.  Went to Blooming Deals, the consignment shop that has pretty nice stuff.  There were some antique chairs similar to the one I have in the hall that had been my grandmother's and they were reasonably priced, but they seemed too fragile for the room.  Drove to my new favorite thrift/consignment shop in Barnegat, and bingo!  I found a sturdy wooden chair, painted dark blue and in good condition for--get this: eight dollars!  I had paid forty a few months ago for the chair in my bedroom, so this was a steal.  The chair probably was used with a big, old-fashioned desk in its first life; has arms, etc.  A nice young woman from the hairdresser saw me struggling a bit to carry it and kindly came out and put it in the car. 
Now all I need is a cushion.  Went to the church thrift store, where I ran into Loretta B., who is a member and volunteers there.  Didn't find one, so I'll go to Wal-Mart and get a new one.
Did some stuff for The Breeze--we have an early deadline this month.  Called Aline and asked if she wanted to go for ice cream after dinner (yes, I'm the devil's cohort).  She did and I picked her up for cherry vanilla at The Pine Cone.
Mike here late this afternoon.  Think I'll take him out for dinner unless he wants pizza.  

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...