Tuesday, June 05, 2012

It's DQ Day

It's all DQ now because today's the day.  As I didn't get home until close to 9:00, I wasn't able to walk with Susan, but went to exercise (I can't believe how virtuous I am.) Asked Anne C. how to actually start the CD and she showed me.  Will try again to go at 8:00. 
A new person--new to me, anyway--exercised with me in the front, away from the talkers.  Introduced myself and learned her name is Nina. She's Asian and lives on Windstar.
After breakfast, went to the library to ask if I could come at 4:00 to set up for the DQ program.  They said fine and I went home to assemble the stuff.  It's incredible how much I've acquired over the years.  Selected about three-fourths and packed it all into the car to go later.
Marge D. had e-mailed me to the effect that she'd like to get some extra copies of The Breeze to send to her two children.  Said Fred had looked in the clubhouse, but couldn't find them.  I picked two up--not sure why he couldn't find them--and took them over to drop off about noon. I was pleased to be invited to lunch, accepted, and had a turkey and cheese sandwich on English muffin and a glass of milk.  Different from my usual salad and veggie, but good.  Greatly enjoyed my visit. 
Went back to the library about 3:30 and two of the staff helped me put tables along the side wall.  I'm not crazy about the placement--would much prefer them in the back--but there are a lot of large pieces there (a huge rack for movies and/or DVDs, something that looks like--oh, I don't know, a humidifier for giants--plus some kind of big keyboard thingy), so I put up three long tables on the side.  Took me an hour and I need to go back this morning to tweak a bit.
Went home to once again, for the umpteenth time, go over my presentation--geesh, you'd think I was getting paid for this! 

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...