Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Well, there's no doubt about it: The entire world is in a conspiracy against me, including the lousy little chicken place on Mathistown Road. Having exhausted myself with a full day of "Wordslinger" and being the soul of laziness anyway, I decided to order out. Last time I called Surf Side Chicken and Ribs, the delivery person couldn't find our house (less than a mile away) and had to call from the car twice. This time, I called at 5:00 to have two dinners delivered at 6:00. At 6:20, I called to ask what gives with the no-show and was assured the food would be there momentarily. A few minutes later, the phone rang with the delivery dork, who asked if we were on Sweetwater Drive or Sweetwater Lane. What!? Where's Sweetwater Lane? Why, in West Tuckerton, only WE live in Little Egg Harbor. She finally got here at ten of seven--we were about ready to chomp on the furniture--and I handed over $11 and change (I never said this was haute cuisine), pointedly eschewing a tip. Geesh, it's not like she had to go fifteen miles to deliver in the middle of the forest with wolves howling! To top off this diatribe, I'd like to say the food was lousy and we threw it out, but the fact is, it was delicious and we both finished every morsel. Will l ever order from them again, though?
Oh, yeah, I probably will.
Didn't hear from Viv, so didn't go to Manalapan last night. I must devote today to firming up my lesson plan for my class tomorrow. I plan to touch on resume-writing first, then concentrate on mock interviews with critiques. I'll play the interviewee initially and have one of the class members act as interviewer, using the list of questions I provide.
Good friends and fellow pacifists Dennis and Leslie R. asked if I'd like to accompany them to the peace vigil in Absecon Friday evening and I accepted with pleasure. I had bought the makings for signs a while ago and want to make one to hold up, probably with the slogan "No More Lies, No More Lives" unless I can think of a better one.
Marge and I have a tentative lunch date on Friday, which I'm looking forward to (oh, sorry: "to which I'm looking forward"). Next week, we have two doctor appointments for Pat and the following week, we go to the V.A. in Philly for the hearing aid thing.
I can remember a time when whole decades went by without Pat having to visit a doctor once.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

The wording for the sign is perfect. Make it REALLY big.

I know what you mean about doctor appts. I have one today and he'll probably add nothing to what I already know, but he'll bill Medicare about $200 bucks grrr. Why do I keep going....just afraid I might need him at some point and want to be in his memory....LOL!

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...