Friday, March 30, 2007

Susan and I walked as usual, then I drove over to get my oil changed at Mastercraft. That's a great place that I recommend to everybody. (Yes, it's worth traveling here from Virginia, Massachusetts, and California.) They have such a comfortable waiting room (two easy chairs, the day's Asbury Park Press, a big, spotless bathroom, and complementary beverages, including great coffee to which you can add--get this--hazelnut flavoring!) that it's a pleasure to go there. What a contrast to the places I used to go with grease covering every flat surface and the only things to read tattered Motoring World mags two years old of date.
Leslie came over to drop off a tube of moisturizer (she's a Mary Kay distributor) and stayed for a nice visit. She and Dennis are going to Boston for the weekend today, meeting son and DIL, Joe and Pia.
Later, Susan stopped in with her adorable 1-year-old granddaughter, Sophia, who's visiting with her mommy from Connecticut. What a sweet baby and how I enjoyed having a little one here. I gave her my painted wooden eggs from Poland to play with, again pleased with myself for culling out my Easter decorations.
Got ready for the cleaners by washing all nine bathroom/area rugs, as usual. (Alison always laughs that I clean for the cleaners.)
Didn't feel like cooking, so ordered out from Brothers' Italian. Pat got the veal parm, and I just had the spaghetti side that came with his, along with two garlic knots I couldn't resist.
Lunch with Marge today. Can't wait to hear the latest about the Drama Club (but I still know I made the right decision by withdrawing).

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...