Thursday, March 08, 2007

After my blood test yesterday, went to our clubhouse. Asked Carol, the secretary, if I could put the overhead I'm borrowing from the high school in the office, plus my boxes of display stuff of the Dionnes. Prez of the association, Howard R., happened to be there (we just bought a large plasma T.V. for the clubhouse and he was putting it up) and he said he'd be around with the key, so I could stash the stuff there. Ray and I will pick it up tomorrow, but I'm worried about being able to smoothly operate it, so want to actually set it up on Saturday for a test run.
Even in the snow, Pat went to the bay. I'm beginning to wonder if he has a floozie down there, as he never misses. He said he spent the time talking to his friend, Charlie, but I dunno--is it really Charleen??? (Jeez, if he has the energy for an affair, more power to him. As for me, one man's enough.)
While Pat was gone, I rehearsed my Dionne talk. It lasted an hour, which may be a little long, but I hope will hold their interest. I won't just talk AT them, but will project pictures of the D.'s lives as I speak. If I think the audience is getting restless, I can always adapt.
The snow continued to fall to about--well, I don't know, 2 or 3 inches?--and the service came to clear it. It looks okay to drive to OCCC today and I'm really looking forward to the first "job-hunting for seniors" session today.
Dinner? I made barbecued country ribs in the crockpot--dee-licious!

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...