Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Was happy to talk to Betty yesterday morning. She saw the gastrointestinal doctor, who said there seems to be no consensus among the doctors who examined her tests. It's possible that she'll choose to have a bowel resection as a prophylactic measure; they can do it laproscoptically (without surgery), incredibly enough. She'll get two other opinions, on nephew Patrick's advice. She's optimistic about this and so am I.
Went to the podiatrist and got my perm, which looks good. I had April cut it considerably shorter this time. The grey was showing with a vengeance and I wanted to look younger than 102 for the first session of the course I'm giving tomorrow. Solution? She gave me a temporary rinse which will wash out, but covers the grey (white) now. I can color it permanently on Friday.
Ray e-mailed "the gentlemen of the club" (comprised of Pat, Frank, Gary, and himself) about lunch on Friday so after he helps me get the overhead from the high school, he'll pick Pat up. Naturally, they'll go to that high-class establishment, Beverly's luncheonette.
Gotta go get my blood test. I think I'm heroic for going without my coffee this long, but I don't want to push it and am determined to be first in line at the lab. Oh, good grief, it's snowing! Must clean off the car first.
Later: Just got back from the lab, all finished. Stopped at Shop 'n' Bag to get supplies in case we're snowed in and now we're snug and warm in our cozy home. Hmm...you know, deep down, I'm an incurable introvert. Much as I enjoy seeing people and the social round, I'm always most comfortable when I don't have to "do things." That's about the only time I fully relax. Several times during the past year, Pat was in the hospital. Once I was sure there was no immediate danger, and after I had visited him that day, I loved to just be home, just be quiet, just do nothing much, all by myself. Little Mimi is still there, dozing most of the time, but always there and waiting...
Much later: Just re-read this and saw "went to the podiatrist and got my perm..."--ha! Yes, the podiatrist got confused about which end was which and did my hair instead of my feet. Goes to show how quick typing/slow thought can mix it up together.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Glad you came back and cleared up that point about your podiatrist. I was just going to write and ask if he does highlights as well.

I feel the same way as you when it comes to having 'no appointments'...seems like that's the only time I can relax and sleep well. If we worked and did it everyday it would be routine and we wouldn't give it a second thought...i.e. giving a presentation or whatevr.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...