Saturday, March 10, 2007

At this very moment, at 6:10 am, I'm having an infuriating problem: I bought a new game called "Wordslinger" (something like Scrabble, but you get words instead of letters) and I'm not sure if it's actually installing or not. It seems to be frozen, but the so-called "help desk" indicates it just takes a while. I suspect my firewall is disallowing the installation. Several years ago, when I bought another game, that happened and I had to be guided through all kinds of machinations by phone. Oh, does anybody else in the world suffer as much as I do? Is anybody as inflicted with such misery? Has anybody...oh, shut up, Rosemary.
Ray and I picked up the projector and related equipment from the high school, then I asked Frank D. to come over and show me how to hook it up and operate it. I think I've got it, but Frank was kind enough to say he'd come on Sunday and walk me through the setup before my talk if I need him to. I hauled over a lot of my Dionne memorabilia so I can lock it in the office and will take more today. Damn! This thing has taken such an enormous amount of time and effort, I'll be glad when it's over.
The Gentleman's Club went to lunch--Pat, Ray and Gary, as Frank had a conference call (he works from home for IBM) and wasn't able to go--then Pat went down the bay, as usual.
Had baked chicken for dinner, but I had snacked and wasn't too hungry, so saved mine to slice down for a sandwich for lunch today.
Got a nice message from classmate Dee L., to which I'll respond shortly. (I tend to write back to people immediately which is probably oppressive, so I'll hold off until tomorrow or so.) I was amused to hear Dee has a glass of cream sherry in the evening--hey, that's my kind of relaxing! Actually, I now have red wine at night because it's supposed to be good for the heart, but if I'm out, will switch to the good stuff--cream sherry.
Will now go check the "Wordslinger" installation and if it isn't done, will kick this computer right through the window. No, no, baby Dell, I didn't mean it, please don't get mad and conk out on me...

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Really enjoyed your frustration.....a little Shadenfreude....I love that word. I laughed out loud reading "if that doesn't work, I'm going to throw this Baby Dell right out the window"...as we said back in the 50s...it 'broke me up'.

Mimi said...

Well, as it turned out, I didn't have to--see today's entry.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...