Thursday, March 29, 2007

The social scene is heating up, I'm happy to say. I meet Marge for lunch tomorrow and we go to Bill and Regina's for early dinner on Sunday. My Wellspouse friend, Vivian, is on Spring Break (she works at Ocean Community College) and asked if I could meet for dinner on Monday--sure can! The party at the D.'s is next Saturday, and we go to Alison's for Easter the day after. I'm thinking about inviting Susan and Walter, plus Judy and Roman for dinner one of these days, too. S. and W. have had us (or me) over often and we go to all the K.'s parties. Not sure if I can get that in before Easter, though.
Drove the 30 miles to Alison's--it was a gorgeous sunny day--to drop off on the porch the Easter things I had finally separated out. Later, picked up a few things at Wal-Mart, then Shop-Rite (does it seem I spend an inordinate amount of time in supermarkets? I do!). The rest of the day, just puttered around--but happily, as I wasn't at all bored.
For dinner, I slaughtered a hog, skinned the meat, rendered the fat (what does that mean?), dug a pit, and roasted it for five days, then served up a delectable meal.
Okay, I opened a package of Tyson's pork and gravy and put it in the microwave. Hey, that's one more to add to my "joys" list--I don't have to slaughter my own hogs!

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...