Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It was good to be part of the peace rally last night. Dennis, Leslie, and I found the place without too much problem. It was from 5 to 6 pm at a small park in Absecon at the corner of Routes 9 and 30, so there was lots of rush hour traffic. About 20 of us stood on the corner facing Route 9 with candles and signs, including a large one which read, "3000 Dead in Iraq, Honk if you've had enough." It was so gratifying to hear so many horns being sounded; when they did, we instinctively raised our candles to the source. The AC Press had an article on it today with two pictures; I was in one of them, but only about a third of me. I'm seriously considering going on the bus trip for the Washington, D.C. demonstration on January 27, too.
Other than that, slow day yesterday. I got the kitchen and dining room tables cleared off, washed some of the stuff I hadn't done the night before, and returned pans and crockpots to neighbors. Today--I keep saying--I'm going to get the tree untrimmed and the decorations put away, maybe.
Marge sent out an e-mail notice about a Drama Club meeting today. I want to call and let her know first, that I've come to the decision to end my membership. I'll go today and announce it then. As I mentioned in an earlier entry, it isn't just because of Pat's health, although that's a factor. On balance, the fun and excitement of the actual shows just aren't worth the drugery of months of writing, directing, meetings, and rehearsals--and the attending headaches--required for involvement, so I'm going to quit. Guess I can always join up again later, although I doubt if I will.
Aside from Drama Club, nothing scheduled for this week--'ray!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...