Monday, January 15, 2007

One of the advantages of alternating walking with the "Walk Away..." tape is that the "walk days" seem like a piece of cake. We walked yesterday and today will do the tape.
Went to the Women's Club meeting yesterday and, although I find it annoying that the meetings are on Sundays at 1:30 (which means the whole day is filled), I enjoyed it. I was pleased to see Marge there. She had said she might join and she did. Also chatted with Mary Ann Van O., whose husband is in about the same stage of emphysema as Pat. We'll meet for lunch next week.
The program at the club was on Bass River State Park; Leslie and I had seen it a few months ago elsewhere, but I enjoyed it. I also won one of the 50-50 raffles for $20--yay! (There's nothing like money to make people happy.)
Got home about 3:30. Pat was at the bay and I suddenly galvanized myself to clear up some of the garage, throwing away stuff (my stuff, that is--I wouldn't touch Pat's until I ask him), separating some to donate to the thrift shop, and rearranging others. I even swept the floor and was very pleased with myself. I had put barbequed ribs in the crockpot for dinner and added some sausage. Boy, was that good.
Talked to darling daughter Ellen last night in our usual Sunday evening phone call. She said her feet feel better, but she still has to get a number of more shots.
Saw the lunatic-in-chief on 60 Minutes, proudly displaying his arrogance and ignorance for the camera. He essentially boasted that, although he recognizes that his idiocies are heavily out of favor with the American people, he just doesn't care. In the meantime, children are torn limb from limb. (One of the blogs I read imagined him--ala Hitler--asking his staff, "Is Baghdad burning"?)
Today, Pat has a hemotologist appointment--I have no idea why--at 11:00 and after that, I hope to actually go through some of the cabinets in the kitchen to discard and rearrange. I'm on a roll!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...