Saturday, January 06, 2007

The cleaners came about 11 yesterday and were here until 12:30 or so. They did a good job--the house really looks nice--but as usual, it was a hassle. Why? Because Pat has a chronic illness and his condition, with his limitations and equipment he needs, complicate things whenever we have people in. However, they come only every two weeks, so we can manage it.
Had a nice chat with sister Betty yesterday morning. All well on the left coast, I guess, especially as her boss seems to have a complete change of heart and actually treated her well!
Alison called last night to firm up plans for Joel's 25th birthday dinner. She'll make his favorite, meat loaf, and I'll bring broccoli. Still haven't gotten him a card or gift--yoicks!
Think I'll run down to Ventnor this morning. There's an estate sale at 1 N. New Haven Avenue. I may not buy anything, but I love those old houses, especially in my hometown, and I want to go down to see it.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...