Thursday, January 25, 2007

Took Pat to the dermotologist yesterday; his neck is healing well, but there's a kind of pre-cancerous rash on his forehead. The doctor gave him a prescription for a cream that brings it out.
Got my hair trimmed, then went to Acme for 3 items--came out with $51.22 worth of stuff. Also drove down to Manahawkin to several stores and managed to spend several hundred dollars on minor items. (Hey, it's easy!)
Today, Pat is meeting his bay cronies for lunch at Calloway's in Stafford. I'm a little worried about this excursion for two reasons. First, there are steps to climb--only about 10, but they'll be very difficult for him--plus a walk from the door to the dining room which will leave him breathless. Second, he had a restless night last night (rather, this morning). He woke and sat up at 2 am and asked me to get him some Tylenol, saying he had chills and trouble breathing. I did, and he lay down again, but sat up several times later and his breathing was labored. The last time his breathing was even worse than usual was on Thanksgiving and we had to take him to the hospital. I have a mammogram scheduled for 8 and will check him before I leave to see if I should go. I have a lunch date with Mary Ann Van O., whose husband also has emphysema--hope I don't have to cancel.
Got up about 4:45 and had a nice surprise on my e-mail: a message from Dolores S., with whom I graduated from high school so many centuries ago. I wrote her back immediately and hope to hear more from her.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...