Thursday, January 11, 2007

The referral horrors have finally been resolved. My regular doctor's office sent the thing, I went to Manahawkin to pick up copies, and the hell with the whole deal. I am, though, going to write a letter to the eye doctor telling him how much I appreciated his staff's patience and courtesy during the fiasco.
While in Manahawkin, I dropped off donations to Habitat, picked up some magazines (for a quarter each), and ran a few other errands. While I was there, it started to snow (just flurries for about five minutes) and everybody ooh and aah as if we lived in Arizona.
At Drama Club, I announced my decision to withdraw and was warmed by the expressions of regret and gratitude from the members. Far from being regretful myself, though, I left with a sigh of relief, feeling boyant and liberated.
This evening, Leslie and I (and possibly Dennis) will again participate in a peace vigil in Absecon in response to the proposed "surge" in Iraq (more death, more horror-- bring it on!) announced last night by the criminal-in-chief. I watched "Countdown" on MSN before and the analysis after with Keith Olbermann--geez, if he ran for anything from dog catcher to president, he'd be swept into office. My hero, along with George Orwell, the prophet of modern life, even though he's been dead for 60 years.

1 comment:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good year

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...