Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Good exercise day yesterday: walked with Susan at 7:00, then went to Curves with Barb and Leslie at 9:30. However, Susan has an early appointment today (she's in real estate), so can't go, and I have a mammogram scheduled for 8 am tomorrow, so can't go then. I may be able to go to Curves if we can get back in time for Pat's doctor today appointment at 11:15. It's just a follow-up at the dermotologist's.
Yesterday, Jack B. came over and surprised us by staying for lunch. He usually just pops in for an hour after a golf date at Atlantis, then leaves, but this time, he actually drove over specifically to see us. A milestone birthday for him is coming up and his kids are taking him to Cancun.
For the first time in years, I made "slymphie stew" for dinner last night and Pat and I both enjoyed it. This is just pasta (I usually use elbow macaroni), spaghetti sauce, and browned ground meat mixed together, so it isn't really a stew. The name? When I was a very little girl, I made up the word "slymphie" as a perjorative term for people I was mad at. It was a noun: "Oh, you're a slymphie!" Later, as a young housewife, I THOUGHT I had originated the dish (of course, the same thing, with variations, abound) and labelled it "slymphie stew" for the kiddies. It's actually a quick, easy, and satisfying dish as a meal in itself or as part of a buffet after transferring to a crockpot. At my afternoon birthday party, I made both meat and vegetarian versions and everybody seemed to enjoy them.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...