Friday, January 12, 2007

Got a lot of errands done yesterday in Manahawkin, going to Shop-Rite, then Home Depot, and a few other places. That takes just seconds to type, but took most of the late morning and early afternoon. Friend Ray took Pat to lunch, paying off the Eagles/Giants bet, while I got some clothes washed and puttered around.
Last night, went to the peace vigil with Dennis and Leslie. It was good to hear so many horns sounding in reponse to one of the signs: "Honk If You've Had Enough." I made and held a sign that read "Proclaim Peace." I'd like to go to the Washington, D.C. demonstration on January 27, but I'm afraid I may not be able. Not only would it mean leaving Pat all day from about 6 am to midnight or so, but I'm not sure if I actually have the stamina for a total of 6 hours on a bus, then riding the Metro for some time, then marching for several hours (?). I guess I'm mostly concerned that I don't know just what it would entail. We'll see if it's a possibility for me; otherwise, I'm going to tell Norm I'll pay for a seat for somebody else.
This morning, after walking with Susan, Barb H. and I are going to "Curves." Leslie gave us each a guest pass. Susan and I have also decided we'd alternate our walk with the 3-mile "Walk with Leslie Sanson." I want to get back into using weights besides walking.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

what a great idea to pay for a seat for someone else. I think I will do the same. Like you, my mind wants to do it, but the physical demand is a bit too much.
Something's got to be done...this whole thing is a mess and now a "stand down" for the whole submarine force. Rich who was a submariner before law school says it just shows they weren't telling the true story with the recent sub collision.
BTW, he's a big Keith Olbermann fan like you.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...