Sunday, January 14, 2007

It was quite an effort to complete both "Walk Away..." and the routine at Curves yesterday, but I'm glad I did. I've decided to go to Curves most days (either with Barb or Leslie), but only for the free month; I'm not going to join. I mentioned before that I don't want to have to drive somewhere to exercise, but there are other reasons. For one, the layout at Tuckerton is much too small; the machines are so close to each other, it's actually hard with some of them not to encroach on the next person's space. Also, it takes so long to go from one to the other, especially if you're picking up and putting down weights, it cuts at least 10 seconds off each time. Doesn't sound like much, but when each segment only lasts 30 seconds, that's a big percntage.
I wasn't crazy about the staff, either. The first one was okay. She showed us what to do on each machine, guiding us around the first time (you do two circuits each visit), but yesterday, the woman was doing the exercise routine herself and seemed indifferent to helping us. Both Barb and I forgot how some of them worked and only when the woman happened to be looking at us, did she correct us.
Anyway, I'll continue, then quit. Much perfer the Sansone tape, as it's considerably more strenuous, meaning a better workout, a major reason being you're marching in place continuously.
Finally got all the odds and ends of Christmas decorations packed and put away, except for the two wreaths on the garage lamps. I can't get them over the lamp tops and will have to ask somebody for help.
Darling daughter Alison called as we finished dinner last night. She and Mike were on their way to dinner at a restaurant in Pemberton. She was just calling to check in and ask if we needed anything. We don't, but I know if we had, she (and Mike, if necessary) would cheerfully have arrange to help. What a doll.
Today is the Woman's Club meeting and Susan asked me to give a brief report on the scholarship we're donating to Pinelands Regional High. I just got a communication on it from the school. Susan, Barb H., and I make up the committee and we need to fill out a form and complete the process. Aha--this calls for an emergency luncheon meeting!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...