Saturday, January 13, 2007

Had lunch with Marge yesterday, always a welcome excursion. We ate at Tuckerton Grille on Green Street (I had Caesar salad with chicken), then drove a few hundred yards to say hello to Pat, who was at the bay. Marge came in for a while and we had a good talk.
Well, I'm determined to add more exercise to my daily routine and yesterday, I went to Curves with Barb H. Leslie had already left when we got there at 10:00, but we did the two-circuit round.
It was okay, but I'm just not crazy about Curves. I doubt if I'm going to continue after the free month's pass runs out. I just don't feel like getting in a car to drive to a place to exercise, also I'm not convinced of the efficiacy of the exercises.
Today, Susan and I will go (walk) to the clubhouse to do the Leslie Sansone 3-mile walk tape. Hope I'm going to be able to sustain it, as I haven't done it for 9 or 10 months. If Leslie suggests we start with the 2-mile one, I'll agree but I don't want to bring it up myself.
Otherwise, did this and that (can barely remember, so it must not have been too exciting) yesterday. Made chicken pot pie for dinner and had a quiet evening.
Later: Just got back from doing the 3-mile "Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone" tape and yes! I managed to keep up. Wow, I barely could, which points up the fact that I haven't been vigorously exercising enough. Will go to Curves in a half hour, to continue my extra push for exercise.
Some good news: I weighed myself this morning and haven't gained as much as I thought. I'm well below my highest of a few years ago, which is encouraging. I don't want to say what I actually weigh, though.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

RM,
I feel the same about Curves or anything similar. I don't think the folks on duty know enough about proper exercise. We have a friend who opens every AM for a Curves store or room whatever, and she has no training at all....she's just done all kinds of exercise and says she knows what to do. Wellllll, she may have been doing it all wrong.
I go to a place where I'd been going for Physical Therapy and when therapy is completed you can opt to go into their Wellness program for $35/month. No contracts. You work with techs readily available. The techs are trained by the therapists and the therapists are approachable if you are not sure if you are doing things right...they might even tell you so as they walk by. I like going for the social aspects as well. I've met some fun people to chat with during my 'work out'. The best way is to spend 40 bucks an hour and work one on one with a personal trainer....maybe just a few sessions. I have a Pilates machine which came with a video, but I'm not sure I am using it the best way....in fact I no longer use it...too hard to get up from the platform when I'm finished.
The walking you do is just about the best. For your arms you could get a few 3 lb wgts at wal-mart and practice with them at home. If you have a step somewhere...just go up and down on one foot 15X for 3 sets. That along with your walking will help your quads and streghten your bones. Do squats against the back of a chair...15 X 3. I have one of the big balls and do the squats against the wall. Listen to me....a person who HATES exercise telling someone just how easy it is. LOL.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...