Thursday, January 18, 2007

Aagh! I've got a full-fledged cold again! It's unbelievable after the three I've had since November. It just seems to be a constant--I don't understand it, as I've tried to be very conscientious about washing hands, staying away from people with colds, and so on. Oh well, guess it'll go away eventually.
Am carrying on a very interesting and absorbing e-mail exchange with friend Pat McH. R. about weighty topics such as the war, politics, and religion. It's a pleasure to learn her ideas and thoughts, many of which are so similar to mine. Hmm...would it be such a pleasure if they were opposed to mine? Probably not, which is why I'm so skeptical about "open discussions" ever changing anyone's mind.
Just got back from my walk with Susan. Not sure if I'll got to Curves with Leslie at 9:30. It's good to increase my exercise, but maybe I'll skip today, considering my cold. Susan's daughter and granddaughter are coming to visit her today, so we won't be exercising until Monday.
This lousy spell checker isn't working, so readers will just have to stumble (mentally) over the text, as I know there are some misspelled words.
Did you know that St. Augustine was the first person to be able to read without moving his lips? Well, now you know.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...