Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Got Pat to the doctor at Fort Dix without incident--actually, it was nice, as the streets were clear and the snow made things pretty. This was just a routine check and Dr. S. was cordial, as he's been the last few visits. Said he's going to the ice carnival in Canada next week.
Later, I went over to Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery in Egg Harbor. Pat was given a $75 gift certificate for there for his birthday last February and I wanted to check out the walk from the car, etc. While there, I asked if the expiration date of February 8 could be extended* and was pleased that the manager graciously allowed an end date of June 30. If Pat wants to, we'll take Alison and Mike there for his birthday.
Had a casual, not very healthy dinner last night: Sloppy Joes. It's been years since I've made them--the kids liked them when they were small--but Pat and I both enjoyed them. I'll have the leftovers for lunch.
*When I talked to sister Betty yesterday, she mentioned expiration dates for Pat's gift certificates. I was sure I had checked and there weren't any. Wrong...they all have them, so we'll have to use them within a few weeks, but we've got it covered.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...