Friday, August 04, 2023

Thursday

After breakfast, we did a fashion shoot. I'll show these to Karyn and see if she has a preference. I have to keep in mind that I play a young woman grown old, present day. Would I be a fashionable type or a little dowdy, or what? I kind of favor the red dress--which needs to be hemmed, though--but maybe the one with the black, white, and red top? It's not evident, but that's a skirt (black, with buttons down the front) I'm wearing in the third pic: 

We took the footbridge and walked to the park at Kimball, then around it, and back on the path. That totaled roughly four and a half miles, a good walk. Had lunch, then zipped up to Ojai to Ellen's. After chatting a bit, we drove to the Casitas Lake area, then walked from the major area to the lake itself, maybe a mile and a half. It's beautiful there:
We walked back and agreed that when my later company comes on Monday, they'll enjoy the water thing and the river thing.

Went back to El's to find Mike there. He had been to L.A. (business), then we all, including Greg, went to the Ojai farmers market Thursday session. Got lots of goodies, including a big and beautiful ruby red grapefruit. We then went to The Hip Vegan for dinner al fresco--which was so good.  Then it was back to Ellen's, where we played several cutthroat games of Blokus--what fun!

Home, showered, poured myself a glass of cream sherry, and finally fell into bed at the ungodly hour of 11:00 PM.  

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Did you want my opinion...too bad I'm giving it anyhow. You look great in the first 3 photos. I do not like the 4th (dress) at all. You aren't even smiling the same and it's too frumpy. Maybe the role will call for it so the Director will advise. Rosemary you should use one of the top three photos for the dating app. They show the viewer how hip and modern you are.

Mimi said...

Pat, I just KNEW you'd comment and I'm glad you did. Yes, the last one is somewhat frumpy, but it was meant to be. Whether Rose (my character grown old) should now been seen as somewhat frumpy is director Karyn's call. It seems to me the other two outfits may be too--as you say--hip for her. Actually, I like them and if I ever go to a dress-up affair, will wear one. I even like the red dress, which I think would look good with a black vest I have, but it needs to be hemmed at at least four inches.

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...