Thursday, August 17, 2023

Wednesday

Still pretty busy. I again walked to Wal-Mart (but bused part way back) and bought two pairs of shoes. At Wal-Mart?!  Yes, because I just want them for the show and doubt if I'll ever wear them otherwise, so why pay an arm and a leg? It turned out one of them is a good match for my outfit and I'll return the other. Home, I cleaned up some business/financial stuff, which I've neglected lately, what with company coming and going and the show. 

Re the show: As ever, it's now all-consuming and boy, I have to keep on my toes. Last night, I actually forgot my pivotal line: "After all this time?" which is the play's title and is essential to the ending. Director Karyn and I laughed over it, but geez, how could I have forgotten? We were again there until 10:30, which meant it was midnight before I got to bed. As I can't seem to sleep longer, I got up at 5:30--I'll definitely take a nap today, but not before I get my hair cut and--maybe--nails done. 

One more pic. This is Anthony, dead last night in one of the funnier plays:

But no worries--he revived to play a few other roles. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...