Friday, August 25, 2023

Thursday

First off: I have no idea why I couldn't remove the extra spaces at the bottom of the previous post. It may be because I'm electronically inept or because there's a vast conspiracy against me.

As for Thursday: I spent a lot of time looking for the decorative items I used to have on my bathroom sink surround. When I had company a few weeks ago, I removed them so there'd be more room for the boys' toiletries. Now I can't find them and it's driving me nuts. After a lot of frustrating that, I walked to the post office to send a package. 

Home, had lunch, did some household chores, showered, washed my hair, then dressed and just putzed around until 5:45 when I went outside to wait for Anthony to pick me up. He did, at 5:45 and off we went to Rice By Mama. Lisa, her husband, Allen, and Lindsey and Alphonse were already there; Christine and Christina came a bit later. Here are just some of the After All This Time cast:


From left: Allen is Lisa's husband and has no part in the play; Lindsey, a lovely young woman, is visiting Japan in March and we talked about my own visits there; Rosemary, old midget lady; Christina, our stage manager, no kids, but two pugs; and Christine, who has three boys, two of whom are in the show, as is her husband, George. Next are the two professional actors in the cast. 

Anthony, who's been in several commercials and just submitted a videoed audition to one of the studios in L.A. He has a regular full-time job as manager of a fuel pump manufacturing firm. Alphonse has been in many movies and other productions and is now appearing in The Book of Life on Amazon Prime--I'll look it up. 

Next to Alponese is Lisa, who plays the town drunk and will bring me zucchinis tonight. 

Got home about 8:30, but stayed up watching more Suits until 10:00. Ken will pick me up this evening for our 6:30 call. 

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary, I went to the FA website and there you are in one of the shows. You have brown hair so it might have been one of your earlier ones. Lookin' great.

Mimi said...

Yes, Pat, that pic is from "Welcome Home," which we did four years ago and in which I had a major part. I doubt if I could handle the memorization for that part now, so I"m glad to have the small (but essential) one now.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...