Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Wednesday

Diane and I met at our usual noon at our usual spot near Hill Street Cafe. We talked our usual, too, of course, until almost 3:00. I then walked to The Market to get broccoli, carrots, coffee, and a few other things. From there, I walked the block and a bit to Wal-Mart to return one of the inexpensive shoes I had bought there--I wear the other ones in the show and they're okay. Bused home and trimmed the broccoli to have with dinner. 

Son Mike had messaged Ellen and me, as he had gotten news of the earthquake. All fine with us, we responded, and he said he'd video/message me at 5:00. He did and we had a good talk. 

Stella called asking me how to get photo restoration, but it was a frustrating conversation. I tried to tell her that, if she wanted to do what I do, she had to join Facebook. Otherwise, I only know how to do minor things, such as cropping, eliminating spots, and a few other things. The problem is, Stella doesn't use the Internet at all and, especially over the phone, it's very hard to explain things. What floored me is she goes to a weekly "computer class." When she didn't seem to understand my instructions, I advised her to ask the instructor there.  

Speaking of Facebook, nephew Steve had posted a picture of his wife, Robyn, brother-in-law Dana, and sister, Carolyn, at some kind of garden party. Their outfits were so patterned and colorful, I thought it would make a great jigsaw, and I had fun doing it:  

My fellow cast members and I text back and forth and Lindsay sent this. That's her in the middle of her hysterical routine illustrating a "bad man" who slides around stomping his feet. Behind her from left is one of the little kids who play sheriff deputies (don't ask), Kate, who plays the sheriff and love interest, and Lisa, the town drunk.

                                          

I looked up Alphonse's web site and was finally able to see his movie debut in the movie, Lethal Weapon, starring Mel Gibson. This was in 1987 and Al was six. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...