Monday, August 14, 2023

Sunday

Although most of the big chores were done, I still had a few hours of washing, rearranging, and so on, but that was easy enough. Also did a little food prep, including my two patty pan squashes that I roasted. Had some of them and a hard-boiled egg for one of my weird lunches.

Ken picked me up at 12:30 for our 1:00 start and we again went through cue-to-cue, i.e. setting up lights and music, a huge chore; didn't get home until 6:30. Here are a few scenes from yesterday's session: 

Above is a scene from what seems to me is about the funniest play. It's called Flop and the guy on the right plays a Hollywood mogul haranguing his staff to come up with a great idea for a movie. Predictably, they suggest something about the Titanic, which he pooh-poohs and superheros which ditto. It's really hysterical, partly because of the silly plot and partly because of the sterling acting of the guy on the right (whom I hadn't known before).
This play, Paper Cut, includes my pal, Anthony, seated center with a knife in his chest; he is presently in two TV commercials. On the left is Bryan, a real doll and fabulous actor. He's actually a minister, although he's never sanctimonious. Bryan is one of the religious people I like and respect--there aren't many.  
Just a random shot of part of our casts. On the far left is Jeff, our leader; the little girl is his and Shannon's daughter, Harper, a remarkably good actress at the age of seven. (Her big brother, Hudson, who's 15, is also in the show and is also good.) The other two kids are briefly in After All This Time, the one I'm in. 

Incredibly, it seems to me, I've gotten a lot of compliments on my (miniscule) part, which I perform with Ken. Jeff gave out publicity posters and postcards. I'll put the former in my window and give the latter to  friends:
 
Dress rehearsal today and Ken will pick me up at 6:00 for our 6:30 start, which means we won't get out until who-knows-when. That's okay, though, because we're off tomorrow and I have a dinner date with two gals whom I love.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...