Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Monday

Because I've been so busy with company and rehearsals, I haven't had a chance to take my usual jaunts around town. Yesterday, I did: Walked to The Market to pick up some minor items and to Wal-Mart for--incredibly--panty hose. We had our first dress rehearsal and the skirt I'm wearing has such a deep slit in the front, I can't wear knee-highs.

I also bought sunglasses at The Market, as I've mislaid the ones I usually wear. When I left the store, I was able to remove the tag, but the attached string wouldn't come off. I stopped in to Peet's Coffee to ask if they had a pair of scissors and who was there but Greg. What a nice surprise and we sat a chatted for twenty or so before I went on my way.

When I got home, I immediately seasoned and roasted the cauliflower I had bought and ate half for lunch. I then tried to pull together some of the things I'll need for Art Comes Alive on Sunday (why in the HELL did I ever say I'd do it again?) and realized I don't have my bonnet. I'll have to ask Ellen to see if I left it in the storage shed at her place.

Noreen called to see if I would share one of the programs for T.O.P.S. I've done. Sure, but how to get it to her? We'll have to meet next week some time, as she doesn't use text, Message, or email. 

Showered, washed my hair, and tried on my outfit. I'm having trouble with the shoes; I'll wear my ugly ones, but may buy new before the show. 

Dress rehearsal went well, but we started at 7:00 and didn't end until 10:30. That meant I didn't get home until almost 11:00 and, as I can't go directly to bed, didn't sleep until--gasp!--midnight. Just got up at 6:30. Going to dinner tonight, but I'll surely take a nap before that. 

Here are some pics from last night:

This shows the first scene of After All This Time, the one I'm in. Spence plays Albert, Caitlin is Rose, the star-crossed lovers Ken and I play as fifty years older. In real life, Spence and Rose are a couple; they live in Santa Barbara and Spence is a semi-professional actor. Note the screen; in this scene, Spence and Caitlin mouth the words that appear, as the scene is set in the silent film era.
Caitlin, Lindsey, and Christina, in the second act. Screen now simply has scenes of early Hollywood and others appropriate to the script.

Alphonse and Anthony, both members of Actors Equity.   
Below is the full cast of Flop, the play I think is funniest. It depicts the film biz in the roaring forties.  


***AND THAT'S A WRAP, FOLKS!***

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of work. Wish we had the props, lighting, and music you have. We have minimal props and only a piano. Our sound system needs improvement...but it's still fun.

Mimi said...

Pat, the band that Fractured Actors usually uses had a date conflict, so this time, there's only a piano with us, too. That just provides the "atmosphere background" for the silent film segment. The musical interludes are now singers with recorded music; that includes Ken, who picks me up. In keeping with the vintage Hollywood theme, songs from old-time movies are sung, including "Don't Fence Me In" and "Too Darn Hot."

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...