Saturday, August 12, 2023

Fast-Paced Friday

Yet another---yes, busy, but good day. We drove over to my place, gathered the guys, then went to Santa Barbara, but in two cars. Met niece/cousin Carolyn at Stearn's Wharf, where cars are actually allowed to park on the pier. Spent an hour or so catching up, then took off for the Douglas Preserve, an idyllic area donated to the state (or city) by the Michael Douglas family. Some pics from yesterday.

We hiked to above the water, then said goodbye to Carolyn (and the boys, until later) and high-tailed it back to Ventura just in time for me to meet Ken at 6:30 pm for our 7:00 rehearsal. I was tired, but it was wonderfully exciting and fun to be there. For the first time, we did a full, no pauses, run-through of the  play part of the show, sans the singing intervals. We cast members served as audience for the ones in which we were appearing and they were terrific. Of course, that meant that Ken and I were the very last to go on and, as it was almost 9:00 by then, I was somewhat tired, but it was great.  

Got back to my place, had something to eat, the others were playing gin rummy, I kibitzed for a while, then said goodbye to the guys, who leave today, and went home. Rehearsal today from 11:00 to 7:00. 



No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...