Saturday, August 26, 2023

Friday

At home, I weighed 127.4, so a zero loss/gain; at T.O.P.S., I was 128.5, for a loss of .02--big whoops. We didn't have an actual meeting, but more of a therapy session. My friend, Lora, described her son's problems, which include addiction, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, and you name it. We all listened, sympathized, and that seemed worth more than any weight reports.  

Lora, who's a very successful travel agent and is leaving for Italy in a few days, also brought me this:

That gal knows me well!

In another venue, Jeff put this  on Fractured Actors' website and on Instagram: 
The play shown (one of four short plays in the show) is called After All This Time and I appear at the very end. My osteoporosis is very evident, I'm afraid, but the scene does top off a sweet and touching story and audiences love it--not a dry eye in the house.

I finally got the Amazon gift card sent off to nephew Wes; he and Heidi will be married today in Chicago. Prepared the two pounds of carrots I had bought the other day: scrubbed, trimmed, put in slow cooker, added water and several seasonings, and let 'er go. Had some for dinner along with part of the pad Thai from Thursday's dinner.

The show went on beautifully with again, a full house and--evidenced by the laughter and applause--it was a wonderfully appreciative audience. As a send-off, eight-year-old Harper rocks the audience with "I Want You To Be My Baby." This includes the audience repeating back the title words (in a roar) and is the perfect ending for the evening.

Director Karyn had to skip, as her husband was on a business trip she had to be with and one-year-old Logan. Erica (one of the many in FA I highly respect) took over for our gang and we did the "verbal Italian" with ease. Lisa brought me two gigantic zucchinis and I'll search out recipes to use them today.

I took a few photos, including this of Ken, his daughter-in-law, Amy, and grandson..
And funnies: Mandy and Amy, Jeff walking by, and a mysterious photo-bomber:

The culprit proved to be Shannon, that naughty  girl!



No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...