Thursday, August 24, 2023

Wednesday

Went out to dump my trash and ran into a resident from another building. Name is Lorraine, she's in her seventies and we started talking about the abysmal condition of the trash/recycle area. We walked to the other enclosure, which was almost as bad. A young woman named Mona came out and we included her in our conversation. We parted and Larraine walked me to my apartment so I could give her my card. She called me fifteen minutes later. Hmm...clearly, she's lonely and has little to do, but I'm not and I'm plenty busy, so I want to go slow with this new acquaintance. 

Walked over to Von's with David, the orthologist, who happened to be going there, too, and we chatted, partly about the birds. I've been feeding them every day and I love to see the little things hoping around my patio. David asked me to send him Fractured Actors website, which I did. It would be nice if he came.

I finally called Canon to tell them my new printer--I bought it in May--wouldn't print from the Internet, but only from Word. The guy walked me through a number of steps and voila!--it works! I was so pleased--should have done that a long time ago. 

Finally, I turned my attention to my hearing. Called Blue Shield and, annoyingly, I have to have a referral to an audiologist. Called Primary Medical and will go there the Friday after this coming, September 8.  Another wellness thing I'm determined to stop avoiding is balance. I found an exercise video I like and will incorporate it into my daily routine.   

After lunch, I did some filing and other paperwork, then bused to town. Walked Main Street and stopped into The Coalition. There I saw Owen, who runs the place, and we had a nice chat. His wife is Cassie, who's in our show; not in the play I'm in, but another. Owen was there on opening night, loved the show, and gave me a nice compliment on my small part. 

Tonight, dinner at Mama Rice with our cast. Anthony will pick me up, rather than Ken, which is certainly fine by me as Ken, who's seventy-seven, wants to leave early, as usual. An aside: Yesterday, the advice column for the old and decrepit in the Ventura Star included the importance of "intergenerational" interaction. It occured to me that most of my "interactions" are with people considerably younger than I am. It's a little disconcerting to almost always be the oldest in any group (thank heavens for Noreen 😜!), but aside from that, it suits me and I feel that's where I belong.    

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I totally agree that intergenerational interactions are crucial for mental health.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...