Friday, August 18, 2023

Thursday

Went over to Great Clips at 10:00 and Maria cut my hair. I'm not nuts about her technique, but hey --it's okay, it's cheap, and more important, it's right across in the Von's shopping center.

I spent an unbelievable amount of time on the phone trying to fathom some credit card stuff. It was so annoying, I told Bank of the West they could shove their--well, okay, I told them I was abandoning them, as they charged me twenty-seven bucks for an overdue amount that I didn't know I owed. I may do the same with BMO. I charge virtually everything and never carry a balance, and I don't think they deserve my patronage.

Ran into Suzanne outside as she was going to the pool and we sat out front and chatted. She also came in and helped me with the Zoom info, which I was asked to go into for the radio interview. Called Cheryl to ask if we could leave T.O.P.S. early, as I have that Zoom radio thing at 10:25. Sure thing.

Wonders will never cease department: Jim called me to ask if I was okay. I called him back and explained how busy I am at the moment. We had a good talk and I told him to keep in touch; maybe we can get together next week or so. He seemed marginally less depressed, but he always does on the phone.

Stella texted to ask if I wanted to go to some kind of "cultural exchange" affair on Sunday afternoon. Called her to say I'd love to, but the show...

Took a two-hour nap and felt much revived after. Rehearsal--our last before opening!--went well, but as ever, included long, long, boring hours before going on. Here are some shots of some of my colleagues as we idled around last night:

Cassie, one of the best, and Bryan, on the right, also terrific, with Stuart, "the coroner."

Erica and Shannon with wigs.

Meredith and Amy.

Anthony, one of the pros.

Ginny, a classical pianist, and one of the (part-time) ministers of Luminal Church; she
plays the background music for the silent film segment. I had a long talk with her last night and found myself liking her a lot. At the same time, I marveled at what seem to be her unquestioning beliefs. But I cling to mine, too, don't I? 

***WE OPEN TONIGHT!***


2 comments:

iloveac said...

Enjoy it all. BTW, do the actors provide their own costumes, wigs etc?

Mimi said...

Mostly, yes, they do, Pat. Often, someone will send out an appeal to see if someone has cowboy boots, or whatever they could borrow. I provided a blue scarf for Ken and a pink one fot Shannon. Other than that, we get our own.

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...