Saturday, February 23, 2019

T.O.P.S. And Around Town

Walked Kimball, changed, and went to T.O.P.S. Good grief, I weighed in at 131.7, which means I gained 3.5 pounds! That's out of my comfort zone of 125 to 130, but I'm not worried; I'll make it up--or down--next time.
I took the minutes, as secretary Lora wasn't there. Endured the usual meandering meeting, but not too bad. I heard Michelle had had eye surgery for a detached retina and won't be attending for 4 to 5 weeks.
Home, breakfast, and after, at various times during the day,  I called 1.) Carol to confirm our lunch next Thursday--we decided on the Blue Agave; 2.) Noreen, to see why she wasn't at Toastmasters on Thursday--she had to deal with new home insurance; 3.) Michelle--to tell her about the Access van (she already uses it) and we talked for almost an hour; 4.) Stella, who had called me, as usual, when she was in town and I wasn't or vice versa; and 5.) Ellen, to see if she wanted to go with Suzanne and me for lunch tomorrow--she declined, as she has a lot to do on the weekend.
I was late getting to town--Fridays and T.O.P.S. always throws me off my routine--and didn't get the bus until after 3:00.  I walked to The Promenade (ocean calm), then up to Main, intending to get the bus home across from the library.
But--as I passed The Pacific, our favorite Happy Hour place, who did I see on the street-side veranda but Diane and her sister, having a glass. Of course, I immediately jettisoned my plan to get the bus and sat down for a glass of Chardonnay with them. Diane is the oldest of six children (as Betty and I are the youngest) and her sister, Nancy, is the youngest. I think Diane had said she's 17 years her junior, so she must be only a year  or two older than my oldest son.
Anyway, we had a fun time--lots of laughs and I stayed for about an hour. Said goodbye and walked to the next street for the bus stop, didn't see one coming, so walked to the next and darn--wouldn't you know one passed, but I missed it. That meant I didn't get home until almost 7:00, but actually, that was no problem. I put on my jammies (as my dear friend, Elaine, gone these many years, used to say) and my cozy flannel robe, and settled in for the night.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...