Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Tuesdays With Betty

My Tuesday with Betty* was fun. I walked Kimball, caught the 9:20 after breakfast, and reached Santa Barbara by 11:00. Another half hour on the city bus brought me to Betty's door.
We walked to the shopping center nearby and went to Lure. I like this restaurant a lot and have been to the one in Ventura often. I had clam chowder, a salad, and a Stella (beer), Betty an albacore sandwich. I always think fish on a sandwich is odd, but people eat them all the time, I guess.
From there, Betty walked me to the bus stop right at State and Hitchcock and I got the city bus to midtown, where I picked up the 2:20 to Ventura.
I much prefer a short visit--just a few hours--because it's somewhat tiring to catch six different buses and frankly, it can be wearing in other ways. Anyway, this suits both of us fine, I think, and I'll make it a weekly Tuesday thing. On the bus home, I called the Access van to pick me up after Happy Hour this evening. However, I may have to change the route--see later.
I got off in town on Main and walked the mile or so to the library. Ran into Sharon from T.O.P.S. there and we chatted. I read Berg's bio of Katherine Hepburn for a while, then took it out. Now I'm reading four different books simultaneously, damn it, but I don't want to let any of them go.
When I got home, I rang Suzanne's bell and said I wanted to take her to lunch at Olive Garden. Somebody gave me a gift card two years ago (I think it was son Mike) and it still has fifty bucks on it. We decided to go on Sunday and that will be fun.
Betty called to say she couldn't find her credit cards. Sadly, this is getting to be pretty standard. However, she called back later to say she had found them.
Happy Hour may be iffy, as Nancy e-mailed that she still has a bad cold and Diane can't make it, either. I'm willing to go if Carolyn can, but if not, I'll have to  re-arrange my van plans.
Today, I want to get some wash done, in particular the parts of my ACA costume that are Connie's. I'll see her tonight after Happy Hour and will return them then.
*There was a book out a number of years ago called Tuesdays With Morrie. As I recall, it was pretty insipid, but very popular, not an unusual combination.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...