Sunday, February 10, 2019

Dinner With Ellen

Darn, it was raining when I was about to walk Kimball, so I didn't. Went instead to the 99Cent store for a few minor items, to WinCo for others.
In truth, I felt a little draggy.  I hadn't slept well the night before, unusual for me and didn't get as much sleep as usual. After lunch I could have gone on the bus to town as usual; Ellen said she'd pick me up about 5:00, so I had plenty of time, but I just  didn't. Didn't feel like it. I laid down and tried to take a nap, but couldn't. That meant I didn't get in any daily walking, aside from incidentals.
I did take a stab at getting some of the ever-mounting filing done, but didn't get far.
Betty called and we chatted; I told her I'd go to SB to meet her for lunch on Tuesday. Walked over to Von's for diet 7Up, which was on sale. I dislike soda--in fact, anything carbonated*-- but if I'm hungry in the late afternoon, I drink some of that to tide me over until 6:00, when it's time to eat.
I perked up later in the day, when El came. We discussed where to go for dinner, finally hitting on Wood Ranch. Yeah, sure. We drove over and saw a big crowd outside and in, waiting to be seating, so turned around and walked to nearby Mimi's.
The food was pretty good and the conversation better. We discussed various topics, including the difficulties of young working mothers and that never-to-be-resolved dilemma that has such a hold in this country, abortion. I repeated my mantra that if the Catholic Church was serious about preventing it, it would not just tolerate, but promote effective birth control. Fat chance.
El dropped me home about 7:30 and, restored to good spirits, I watched a show on the search for Amelia Earheat's remains (mediocre) then went to bed and slept soundly.
* Aside from champagne, of course!

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...