Thursday, February 14, 2019

No Rain And X-Ray

Rain was threatened, so I walked Kimball carrying my umbrella. As I was leaving my apartment, I saw the man, maybe in his forties or fifties, who lives across in the other building. I had said hello to him several times after I moved in and he had never responded, so I just ignored him. I was surprised when he spoke to me, saying, "Think it's going to rain?" I said, "I heard it was," and we actually had a short conversation. He said he had lived in the Philippines (he's Caucasian), where it would rain every day, but for very short periods. Why had he lived in the Philippines? Because he was in the Peace Corps. Wow, that was great to hear. We didn't exchange names, but surely will the next time we see each other.
After breakfast, I went over to Rolling Oaks Radiology to get the foot x-ray. I was dismayed when I saw the crowded waiting room and was told there was a 45-minute wait. I asked if I could come back and still keep my place. Yes, I could and I did.
Because of the heavy rain (which never materialized), neither Nancy nor Carolyn were up for Happy House. Diane and I were going to go, but then her son came to repair some things, so we skipped, too. It's just as well, as I've been spending money like water (and I don't need the extra calories, either).
Went to nearby WinCo for blueberries (yes, I'm an addict) and spinach (ditto), then got back for the foot thing. It didn't take long and I took my stuff home, then drove to town to Goodwill. They were having their 50 percent off sale from 9 to 1 and I just thought I'd mosey in and look around. I walked out of there with a sweater, a blouse, and two terrific jackets for a total of thirteen bucks. Considering the dire condition of my bank account, I'm not about to pay full price for clothes, so I was pleased.
Stopped at Von's ad ran into Carolyn from T.O.P.S. (I know two other Carolyns besides the three mentioned here) and we chatted for a bit.
While I was making dinner (sauteed shrimp and mushrooms, mixed veggies, and acorn squash,  Niece Carolyn called and we had a long, long talk. She and her family, including Betty, will come to "Art Comes Alive" on Sunday, as that's the day Steve, Robyn, and Dex will be there. I agreed to go both days.
Didn't get my afternoon walk in, because I believed the weather people--ha!
Note to myself: I stopped in to see Bianca at the office and asked if I could have three friends in the big room for Happy Hour. To my surprise, she said no; "Neil" won't allow it because somebody had a gathering in there and messed up the place. You don't have people sign a contract and get a deposit? No. Idiotic. She said they don't even allow residents along to use it. Idiots! However, she said to come back in a few weeks and ask again, so I will.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...