Thursday, February 28, 2019

H.H. At The Blue Agave

Walked Kimball. Usual morning routine, then the 99 Cent store (paper goods) and Ralph's (blueberries and veggies). Food prep after: quartered tomatoes and sliced onions, added seasonings, and roasted, as ever. Sliced down my romaine and prepared for lunch.
After, I hightailed it to the bus stop. This time--for  once--I was prudent enough to take my umbrella, as I saw it was going to rain. Got off at the library and did the loop walk. I was a little disappointed  to see the ocean was calm; in fact, there were only three surfers out and they didn't have a lot of  excitement.
Walked up to Main, then along it a bit, until I headed for the Blue Agave--got there just as Nancy and Carolyn did. (Diane had begged off, as she just said goodbye to her sister and was beat.) Nancy had asked if we could meet an hour early, at 3:00, as it was rainy and would be dark later. I'm not crazy about the earlier time, but acquiesced. Happily, we'll soon have DST.
It was too bad the patio at the Blue Agave wasn't available, as it was now raining, so we had to sit inside at the bar at high tables, which none of us like. However, it turned out okay. We all had "street tacos," plus a margarita for Nance, a Chief Peak IPA (beer) for me, and soda for Carolyn, who drove. Good talk and laughs, as ever. I mentioned I was meeting Carol F. for lunch at the Agave today and Nancy remembered her from a year or so ago when I had had them both over.
We said goodbye about 4:30 and went off. I walked up to the bus stop, had to wait only about fifteen minutes, got on, got home, and was in for the night.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
It just dawned on me...are there many African Americans in that area. I believe there would be Asians, but few African Americans...am I correct?

Mimi said...

You're right that there seem to be few African Americans here, Pat. But you'll be surprisd to know there aren't that many people of Asian descent, either. I did meet my new upstairs neighbors, who are Filipino, but as for those of Chinese or Japanese descent, I don't see many. I have the idea--I'm not sure this is valid--that there may be more in northern California.

iloveac said...

RBM,
I bet you're right. I remember Washington state had many Asians.

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...