Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Wal-Mart

Well, it was an eventful day.
Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then called the Maritime Museum to ask about picking up more flyers for "Art Comes Alive." They were happy to provide, so in quick succession, I
  drove to Oxnard to pick up the flyers;
  went to the post office to send a document to Mike and Valentine cards to the Jersey boys;
  stopped at WinCo for lettuce, blueberries, and other stuff;
  took nail glue back to The Dollar Tree and got a replacement*;
  drove to the Hill Street branch of the library to put out the flyers;
  went to Wal-Mart for vitamins (and see below);
  rode the bus to the mall and did my walk there;
  stopped at Johnson Dental to pick up info (I've been putting it off, but must go soon);
  received phone calls from Betty (two), Connie, and Stella, as well as no fewer than six from scum-of-the earth telemarketers;
and a few other things.
As for the Wal-Mart thing, I was looking at a vitamin display in the middle of the major aisle, when I was violently pushed against the display, as if someone had taken both hands and shoved me hard. A lot of the vitamin bottles and part of the cardboard display fell, but I didn't give a damn about that. When I turned, I saw two men. The first one had been pushed against me by the second one, who was riding one of those electric cart. The men were together--they may have been brothers, as both in their fifties or sixties. The one who hit me picked up my things and asked if I was hurt and the other idiot just sat there on his cart. I yelled at him and my language was not ladylike. I then rushed to the (self) checkout and told the woman there I had been hit; I said I wanted to see a manager. She said she was a manager. What?
That shows what a bush league outfit this is. What the hell is "a manager" doing at the cash register? Isn't there a general manager in an office managing the whole store, fer cryin' out loud?  Anyway, I wasn't hurt, but I was furious. She showed her solicitude by saying she had a chair about the corner and did I want to sit down?  Then the idiot who was responsible walked up, not in his cart this time. I started screaming at him and he just looked at me. Finally, I paid and left.
To top off my travail, when I got home, I realized I had bought the wrong vitamins. Also, my neck and arm were slightly sore. Went back after dinner, took back the B12, and asked if what had happened to me had been recorded in an incident report. No, of course not. An assistant manager--actually, a very courteous young man--then took down all my information and account of the event (on his i-pad, not paper). He assured me Wal-Mart wasn't liable because it was a customer-to-customer problem. I countered that it was Wal-Mart's electric cart, which they let just anybody use.
Oh, the hell with it. I don't have any soreness this morning and I'm traveling to Santa Barbara shortly, and it's not going to rain until tomorrow, so I'm going to forget the whole thing.
For now.





No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...