Monday, February 18, 2019

Art Comes Alive--Sunday

I did walk Kimball--didn't want to give myself another pass--and saw Carolyn, Bob, and Hazel (woof), but I was early and didn't see other park pals..
Home, breakfast, crossword, then dressed for the Maritime Museum. It was overcast and there were even a few sprinkles, not the best weather, but at least there was no heavy rain.
I arrived early, of course, but got in, put my gear away, got my basket of fish, the took up my post. The others came soon after and we were into the second and final day of Art Comes Alive.
Steve, Robyn, and Dex came in and they looked great. Of course, Robyn had made their costumes--Steve was a French prisoner of war, Robyn an English gentlewoman, and Dex her son--and they looked perfectly authentic. Robyn offered to make me one next year if I decide to be Anke DeJong again; I'm not sure if I might want to switch off and enact another character, but am leaning toward continuing as the fish wife.
Carolyn, Dana, Betty, and Clare came about 3:30, did the rounds, and stayed  until we closed up at 4:30. We then all went to Sea Fresh, right on the harbor down from the museum, for dinner.This is connected  to the Sea Fresh in Ojai, but nothing like as upscale. I had just ahi tuna sushi and water, as I'd be driving home. We said goodbye and Carolyn dropped me back at my car. I told Betty I'd be up to see her up in Santa Barbara for lunch tomorrow. Stopped to get rice cakes and blueberries on the way home.
When I woke up this morning, my left leg and hip were aching. I realized it was probably the result of standing for virtually the whole four hours I was at my painting post. Took a few aspirin and it's okay now.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...