Monday, February 25, 2019

Lunch With Suzanne

Kimball was, as ever, pretty chilly and I was tempted to cut it short. I didn't, though.
Did the usual pleasurable Sunday morning things, then completed some pesky bookkeeping chores. Showered, washed my hair (I'm dismayed at how much I lose each time I do) and dressed. Suzanne, back from her swim at L.A. Fitness, rang my bell and off we went to Olive Garden.
We had a great time. I enjoy her company and we're easy with each other. I asked about Sister Julia and the other Sister Suzanne, whom she had brought to Art Comes Alive. I was surprised to hear the former is not a full-fledged nun, but "an associate." Suzanne explained that means she doesn't take vows, but functions much as other sisters do. Interesting.
This was funny:  Olive Garden has a "chose your own" feature--you can pick what kind of pasta, sauce, and topping you want, with five in each category, and we both decided to get that. I gestured to Suzanne to go first and she asked for angel hair, Alfredo, and shrimp. That was exactly what I wanted, too! 
                             A SUPERNATURAL EVENT?????   Nah, just a  coincidence.
Anyway, it was incredibly delicious, no doubt because I don't eat pasta at home and hadn't had it in roughly a year. I urged S. to order dessert and she got tiramasu. She insisted I take some and I did, just a bit. I love it, but don't feel much desire for sweets in the day time. Anyway, with tip, it came to almost exactly the $50 I had on the gift card, which pleased me.
We got home about 3:00 and I immediately set off for the bus. Got off at the mssion, then walked to the library and read awhile. On the way home, Betty called to ask me to watch the Oscars. She said they were showing people arriving for the event and she had seen the exact same thing the day before. She asked me to watch when I got home, which I did, but of course, that actually was the Oscars, so it was moot.
CeCe also called to ask if I'd be a judge for the Tall Tales contest Pointsettia Toastmaster is having tonight. This is the group I dropped out of, but I'm still friendly with the members, so I said I would.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...