Sunday, February 03, 2019

GAWD!

Boy, it was quite a day.
Although it wasn't yet raining, buckets of it was predicted and I gave myself a pass for Kimball. Betty and I had breakfast, after which it did start to pour. I washed up, packed up, and picked up--my umbrella, that is, and took the trash to the receptacle.
I made a big salad and we had that, Betty adding the Fresh Rolls (same as Spring Rolls) she had brought from lunch on Friday. After playing some solitaire at the table together, we prepared to join Suzanne next door at 1:30.
By this time, it was coming down pretty good, but I had decided to take only one umbrella (Betty didn't have one, but I had two), as I didn't want to add to what I had to bring home. We left Suzanne with many thanks and stayed under the Staples overhang to wait for the bus. We waited and waited...
When 2:04 had come and gone, I trudged across the inner road to ask the driver on a bus to Camarillo if the Santa Barbara bus was coming soon. He pointed to a small sheet of paper posted on a wall: "Highway 101 is closed in both directions due to flooding, so no buses are running."
GAWD! Here we were, in the pouring rain, laden with suitcases and bags, and the bus wasn't coming! Okay, the number 6 bus was available and we got on that to get home. Almost the instant we got on, the rain stopped--damn.
Trudged the two and a half blocks home and got in. I'll draw a picture over the next hour or two while got on line for bus information, then tried Amtrak and was put on hold for 35 minutes. In the meantime, Betty called her son-in-law and was told the news was on at 4:00.
We watched that, but there was no information about the 101; finally, we decided we'd  go today. I'll probably stay over, but am very concerned about my rehearsal at 4:30 in Oxnard tomorrow. Asked Suzanne if she'd take Betty to mass this morning and, of course, she will, at 9:10.
I'll now look and see if the road is open and the bus running.


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...