Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Back

Hey, things are looking up. True, I didn't walk Kimball yesterday--I had a doctor's appointment at 7:15--but I'll resume today.
Appointment went well. I was pleased to see I not only didn't gain weight, but seemingly lost 1.7 pounds. However, I was on two different scales: Friday at T.O.P.S. (128.7) and yesterday at the doc's office (127). Doc noted approvingly that I've kept the weight off. That was gratifying, as the last five days, I wasn't able to follow my regular walking regime and also ate a lot I usually don't.
I showed her the strange bump I have between my breasts; she smiled and said that's my sternum and I had probably only noticed it recently because I lost weight.  She wrote a referral for a podiatrist because I have growths on the sides of my big and next toes. Said they're the result of bunions.
Anyway, I was actually home and at the breakfast table by 8:00 am. Did this and that, then left at 11:00 to get the bus (actually, two) to meet Nancy at the Regency. We saw Mary, Queen of Scots, which was pretty good; I'm not sure how factual it is, though.
After that, we had "margarita pizzas" and, of course, nice glasses of Chardonnay at The Cave, then Nance dropped me off at WinCo, which is nearby. I bought blueberries (natch) and grapes before it occurred to me I'd better not add anything else, as I'd be catching the bus home and had to watch how heavy.
Betty had called during the movie, and I called her back,  then settled happily into the evening. Today, I'll be glad to get back into my cozy little routine and I'll launch it by walking Kimball--right now!

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...