Sunday, February 24, 2019

Stella And Some Shelving

Walked Kimball all bundled up, of course. After breakfast, I went to Von's and a few other stores for this and that. Made and ate lunch, then took off for town. As I entered The Promenade, I heard someone call, "Rosemary!" It was Stella, who had gone to mass at the mission on Main and left her car there. We hooked up and proceeded together. Actually, I was glad we did, as Stella assumed I'd take the longer route back to Main, but I usually cut out before the fairgrounds. It was good to go farther.
The only problem is that Stella strolls and I stride. She also holds my arm (although she's not infirm), which ensures that I walk at her pace and it's a little hard for me to adjust. Neverless, it was nice to see her. We walked about two miles back to the mission, she got her car, and I continued on for a few blocks. I had intended to walk to the library, but decided against it, as I had a nice fresh tuna steak at home, plus three kinds of mushrooms, and lovely fresh spinach. I wanted to make a proper dinner for a change, after Happy Hour-ing, appetizer-ing, and dipping in here and there all week.
I stopped at the furniture part of the ARC thrift store and saw a narrow, three-tier, shelving piece that will be pefect for my patio; bought it for five bucks. I had to leave it, as I had ridden the bus, but as soon as I got home, I drove back and picked it up. I want to spruce up (get it? A pun!) the patio and will plant more things, especially perennials, so will buy some soon.
I had that dinner mentioned above and it was scrumptious.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...