Thursday, February 07, 2019

Happy Hour Wednesday

Left for Kimball at 6:45 and good grief, it felt like Antarctica--it was 39 degrees! Geez, if I was okay with that kind of weather, I would have stayed in Jersey!
Carolyn B. called to say Nancy had developed a problem tooth and the dentist could only see her at 3:30, so she'd miss Happy Hour--darn.
Walked, had breakfast, then loaded up my mesh laundry thing and rolling cart and took not one, but two big loads to the laundry room. By the time I had washed, dried, folded, and put away, it was noon and I went over to see if manager Bianca would put out some flyers for Art Comes Alive.
I was impressed by the way the big room here looks: It was spotless, nicely appointed (they had re-decorated last year),  and there was a big, roaring fire. It occurred to me that I'd like to have my Happy Hour buddies over there for lunch one day. Manager Bianca was out, so I talked to Jim, the assistant manager, Jim, for just a few minutes; I can't stand the self-satisfied jerk for long.
Had lunch, changed, and took off for the bus stop. Incredibly (but this is common here), it had turned sunny and pleasant; I actually went back and left my scarf and gloves. Got off at the library and asked if I could put some flyers out; received permission from the friendly head librarian. By then, it was almost 4:00 and I walked the four blocks to Pacific to meet Carolyn and Diane.
We had a good time, as ever. Carolyn asked if I'd give her my weight loss regime and of course, I will. I mentioned that I had the fifty-some year old Weight Watchers book (not that I follow their diet plan) and she asked if I'd lend it to her. Sure thing. Diane invited me to go to tai chi again  this morning at 10, then stay at her place for lunch. Sounds good and I'll leave to walk, then take two buses there shortly.
Nancy called while I was on the bus home. She had gone to the dentist and so far, the tooth stays in, but it's iffy. Home at 6:00, skipped dinner, showered and washed my hair, and settled in for the night.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...