Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Two Washes And The Widows

Saw Carolyn at Kimball (it was barely 6:30) and we had a talk. Her adult daughter is causing her a lot of worry and I sympathized. I said I may go to Lunch Munch on Thursday, but may not. I really have to turn my attention to the Caroline Dudley thing.
Speaking of which, Connie K. sent me some web sites where I can find Victorian costumes. Good grief, their blouses are fifty bucks, skirts the same, and I'm not getting paid for this gig, so will try to find my own.
I had a busy day. Did a load of wash, ran the dishwasher full of company dishes, and otherwise put things in order. Betty has jokingly accused me of being compulsive and maybe I am, but so what? After I have company, I want to get everything back shipshape as quickly as possible, so shoot me.
It was a little after three before I had finished what I wanted to do and had lunch. I went to a few places for this and that, including Wal-Mart for my ome-? (can't spell it), the acid reduction pill. Think I'll see if I can get an Rx for it, as it would be a lot less expensive. Since it was that late and I was going to the widder dinner, I decided not to drive all the way to town and just went back to Kimball for my afternoon mile-and-a-half. Home to shower, wash my hair, and change, then it was off to Sizzler for dinner.
I found it jammed when I walked in, but Nancy, Carolyn,* and another Soaring Spirits attendee were half way up in the line to order, so I stood with them. About fifteen of our group were already eating, so we sat at the end, I next to Vera. Happily, she mentioned we might switch to Stone Fire Grill, which just opened in the Barnes & Noble Shopping Center. I hope it works out. I don't eat much or their menu, so just had a glass of Chardonnay and sauteed spinach. Home by 7:30.
*The three Carolyns I mention in this narrative are my niece, the one I met during my morning walk, and the one in Soaring Spirits, the widder group.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...