Sunday, June 17, 2018

Around And About With Betty

Slept until 6:30, so walked Kimball late. I did run into Carolyn and told her my twin sister was here. Betty and I had breakfast, then went to WinCo and the Dollar Tree for lots of stuff. I got various for our little luncheon today and Betty got all kinds of small things she needed.
We got home and put things away, and just made it to Ellen's in time. Since it was Saturday, always a busy day on Route 33, it took a while, but we go there a bit after noon.
El had a lovely summer meal of a green salad, chicken, and deviled eggs, plus a plate of crackers, cheese, and grapes. She kindly had Blue Moon in for me, which I enjoyed. We had an great time sitting out in her patio and talking, then walked down to the quaint little church turned book store.Betty bought a book for her granddaughter, and I bought one of Emily Dickinson's poetry for young people for granddaughter Violet.
We sat again on the patio after, then left my darling daughter's. Drove to town and parked, then walked to various shops and bought a few things; home by 5:00.
I called Nancy, whom I'll see today. Made a stir-fry for dinner, as well as fresh spinach, then Betty and I had a quiet evening.

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...