Friday, June 15, 2018

Internet Prob And Lots of Other Stuff

Damn! I got up this morning (Friday) to find I had no Internet. Tried to fix, couldn't, called yondoo, they said it had been out, to reboot, but still couldn't get it working. Happily, Ellen called to say she's be over this way and was I available for lunch; if so, she'd bring hers. I was, she did, and after all kinds of problems and calls to the service and so on, she got me back on. However, it doesn't extend to my phone, so I'll have to get another router or something.
This is what I wrote Thursday night about Thursday:
Another good day in the glorious summer. Carolyn and I greeted each other at Kimball with "see you at the museum!" and that's what we did.
I went a little early to find that the Lunch Munch and music event was in the outer, larger courtyard, rather than the inner one. This actually works out better--more room and there are shade trees. Nancy came shortly after I did and while we were chatting, an attractive woman came and and asked, "Rosemary?" Yes, indeed, and she turned out to be the friend Carolyn had invited. Shortly after, Carolyn came, and we sat down and opened our lunches.
Nancy immediately noticed I had brought my little bottle of wine and said she would have, but didn't know it was permitted. Neither did I, but it's my policy in such a situation is to do what you want first and ask questions later. Good point, Nance agreed and she'll do the same next time. I had invited Noreen, also, but she didn't show. I called her twice, but there was no answer and the recording said she hadn't set up voice mail.
The four of us had a great time. Carolyn's friend, Beth, happens to be a widow, also-her husband died very suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 57 nine years ago with no warning at all. Anyway, I liked her a lot, plus it turned out she and Nancy have a mutual acquaintance, so that was fun. Beth lives with "her boyfriend," as she called him; she has no plans to marry and doesn't want any.
We stayed for about an hour and a half, mostly talking over the music. Carolyn said she's like to start a women's group, just to meet over lunch, say, chat and enjoy each other. Great idea; I'm in several and most I enjoy immensely.
After we parted, Carolyn and I walked the few blocks to Patagonia, as she wanted to show me the place. I didn't realize they had such a big campus besides the retail store--very outdoorsy and very expensive--and we looked around here and there, then walked back.
Carolyn left and I walked to the library, read about Prince Charles for a bit, then left for my car and home. Got in about 4:00 and took a load of wash to the place. When I got back, I glanced at my calendar and saw that my Japanese daughter-in-law's birthday was a week away. I quickly found a card and drove to the post office amid lots of graduation traffic from the nearby high school, and mailed it. Whew!
Betty called and said Steve will drive her here tomorrow (Friday) night. Then she called to say it would be Saturday. Later, she switched it back to Friday between 8 and 10 pm, so she should be here tonight. She'll stay until Sunday, when Carolyn will pick her up between 2 and 5.
I called Noreen and invited her for lunch on Sunday, too. Also asked Suzanne if Betty could go to  mass with her; she can, at 9:10, so that's okay.


No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...