Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Dentist and Toastmasters

Walked Kimball late, but still ran into Carolyn, who said little Sophie isn't eating and Bob had to take her to the vet. Home before 8:00, had breakfast, and pulled together some of the improv material I told Rachel I'd help her with for Humor & Drama. Ellen came shortly after 10:00, having taken her Valium after she parked. We waited until quarter of eleven, then drove down the street to the dentist's office.
On impulse, I asked the receptionist what Dr. A. would charge for a new patient--x-ray exam, examination, and so on--said she'd ask the doc. I left El and went off to WinCo for fruits and veggies.
Went back in an hour and El wasn't quite finished, but Dr. A. came out and said she had "done well." Receptionist the new patient charge would be $99. Hmm...several other dentists advertise the first visit is free, but on the other hand, this is so close I could walk there and I liked Dr. A. I'll think about it. Betty called while I was waiting and we talked for a time.Took Ellen back to my place and she zonked out for an hour or so. When she got up, we had a light lunch, then off she went.
Suzanne rang my bell to give me some lovely fresh tomatoes and cucumbers one of her (adult) students gave her. She came to in to chat for a bit.
Got to Dudley House before 6:00 to open and set up for Poinsettia Toastmasters. The regulars came in and we also had several guests, including an adorable young couple, Celina and George. Rachel opened and we had a lively meeting. I was evaluator for Sue's "Theodosia Burr," for which I had no problem giving high marks. I delivered my critique of her talk and was surprised and pleased to get the blue ribbon for "best evaluator."
Home by 8:30, watched some T.V., and turned in.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...