Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Catching Up

I saw Carolyn and Bob at Kimball and Carolyn said she'd like to go with me to the "Lunch Much" at the museum tomorrow.  That's fine and I thought Noreen would come, too. However, she called later to say she's in a pinochle tournament in the morning and evening, and thought she'd better nap in the afternoon. We'll go next week. Speaking of Noreen, I called T.O.P.S. leader, Lennie, about the Bingo game Noreen said our group could play. Lennie didn't know who had the program, but thought it would be okay. 
Coming back from Kimball, I stopped at the school across the street to vote. There are twenty-seven people running for governor! I just picked out a nice Hispanic name and voted for her.
Finally had my catching up day, so I changed the bed, did a wash, and generally--well, "caught up." I decided  to finally get my hair done, so made an appointment for 2:30 today. I have BCNN at 9:30 and Barb Q. and I are going to the museum for a lecture on Bobby Kennedy at 6:30. That's why I called Diane  to beg off our lunch date in Plaza Park.
I looked on Facebook and saw that my little darling, Vivian, had graduated from eighth grade. I had no idea! I assumed her school followed the modern elementary/middle/junior/high school routine, but no, it's on the St.James/HSHS plan, as we were. I'll send a card and present as soon as I get around to it.
Got a card and gift for Claire for her graduation into middle school and same for the new baby in Jersey. Jeanne Painter called, wanting Betty's phone number, and we talked for a bit. She said she had seen both Teddy G. and Janie M. right before they died--gawd, is she the angel of death?
Betty called when I was at Barnes & Noble; I then took my little gold chariot to Five Points to be washed. Stopped at WinCo for two pounds of tomatoes and when I got home, sliced them and a huge onion, seasoned them, and popped them in the oven.
Oddly, I wasn't hungry at dinnertime, so I put my fish back in the fridge and just had a big bowl of cauliflower, plus some of the roasted tomatoes.
Took a drive after, then showered and washed my hair.  I can't wait to get it colored and cut!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...