Monday, June 18, 2018

Lunch Party

I went to bed at my usual time on Saturday and slept like a log. Got up at 5:15, left for Kimball less than an hour later, and got back home by a few minute after 7:00. Betty got up soon, but said she had  had an uncomfortable night with her stomach.
She left for 9:30 mass with Suzanne and I sped around taking the sheets off the couch, putting the massive amount of things Betty brought out of sight, and straightening up.  After running the dishwasher, I set the table, made the salad and turkey breast sandwiches, and assembled the brie, crackers,and grape plate. By the time Betty got in, everything was shipshape.
I had asked Nancy and Noreen to call me when they drove into the main entrance (in separate cars; they didn't know each other before meeting here), then I drove through the gate to get them and bring them back. Each of them brought me a bottle of wine and Noreen added a bouquet of flowers--how nice! I had a bottle of Chardonnay chilling, as well as Corona and iced tea, and we sat and talked for a full hour before lunch. Noreen also brought a oleberry (?) pic and real whipped cream. It was actually the best pie I ever tasted--almost all fruit.
Lunch was great fun--yum, yum and gab, gab. Nancy and Noreen didn't leave until almost 4:00, shortly before Carolyn, Finn, and Claire came to pick up Betty and take her back to Santa Barbara. They sat and chatted for a bit and I gave the kids the last of the excellent pie.
As soon as they left, I drove to town and did my afternoon walk.  It was a good visit, but now I'm back to the life I made here and that's fine by me.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...