Thursday, June 14, 2018

The Park Versus The Brewery

My Earlier Than Before Kimball walk has now become an entrenched habit. I used to leave for the park between 7:00 and 7:15; now, I'm always home by 7:20 or so. I don't mind, though, so see no reason to revert back.
Saw the regulars yesterday: Ed with Lola, Carolyn and Bob with Hazel and Sophie, Irene and Diane, along with the dozen or so others whose names I don't know, but greet each morning. Diane gave me an article about "Wild and Scenic Film Festival" to take place in August. Looks like fun and I think I'll go.
Did a few minor chores after breakfast, then left for town.  Went inside the museum and talked to the docent to see if more tables and chairs could be set up for Lunch Much today, as I'm expecting five people. I then walked down to Plaza Park to meet Diane for our Wednesday lunch at 12:30.
We had a fine time talking and talking, of course, and surreptitiously drinking our wine. She suggested we might vary the formula by attending Happy Hour somewhere and we discussed where. Figuring she didn't drink beer, I diffidently asked if she knew of The Brewery, just a few blocks away. She didn't, but hey--she loves beer!  Now yer talkin', sez I (well, not really). We then walked down to that establishment, looked around, and chatted with the bar keep. It's not a dimly lit bar, but a large, bright place, with plenty of windows and high ceilings. Happily, we decided to bring our lunch and meet there next Wednesday.  (Thanks for the memories, Plaza Park, but from here in, it's The Brewery.)
We parted and I drove home. Got a welcome call there that concerned my July trip to New Mexico; must make reservations soon. I had time to kill before dinner, so drove to Santa Paula and stopped in a Dollar Tree for a few things.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...