Thursday, June 07, 2018

BCNN, Hair, And RFK

A busy one. Walked Kimball, then I changed for the BCNN meeting at 9:30. I was surprised that none of my friends*--Doris, Sue, Carol or Sherry--came, so I sat with others. The program was on the restoration of the Ventura Botanic Gardens (Grant Park) after the fire that devastated it. There were slides and you'd think it would be interesting.  Unfortunately, the speaker, a young woman who's some kind of horticulturist or something, droned on and on. She managed to make a pretty interesting subject deadly dull and I didn't get out of there until 11:45.
Home, I packed the little outfit I got for the baby. I was determined not to miss my town walk, so I drove to museum, then took Santa Clara Street and walked to the post office to mail the package. I was puzzled when the person behind the counter couldn't seem to find the address; must find it elsewhere.
My hair appointment was for 2:30, but I got  there a little early and luckily, Mary took me early. I won't even describe the horrible ordeal I suffered--that I always suffer--with a color and cut, but I didn't get out until 4:30. In truth, my hair looks damn good, so I guess it was worth it--barely.
Niece Carolyn called while I was slathered with dye, so I called her back when I got in the car. She said the graduation was at 8:45 tomorrow morning and wondered if I might want to stay over tonight. I really don't, would rather just go for the celebratory lunch, but she'll call Ellen and I'll do whatever she decides.
Changed again, drove back to the museum, and met Barbara Q. and her co-worker, Lily for the Bobby Kennedy death fiftieth anniversary program at 6:30. Luckily, we were early, as it was packed. The speaker was an old guy, reporter for a British newspaper, who had been in the press pool on The Day and had witnessed the shooting. He talked, showed some slides, and it was pretty interesting. I appreciated the fact that I could drive home in daylight, as it wasn't quite 8:00 when I got in.
I had skipped dinner, so just had my fruit with Frazier after a good, full day.
*I haven't seen, or heard from, any of them since last month's meeting and frankly, that's okay.  From what Doris said last time, I don't believe Sue has been in touch with the other three, either.  I'm okay with that, actually; I don't think I have much in common with them as I do with my other friends.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...